Senior Public Health Service Development Manager – Drug and Alcohol
We are currently seeking to recruit a Service Development Manager to be part of the Children and Public Health Commissioning Team. The team works across the whole People Department and the post holder will have the opportunity to lead on strategic commissioning, primarily to deliver the commissioning requirements overseen by the newly formed Combating Drugs and Alcohol Partnership in response to HM Government's national drug strategy, From Harm to Hope (2021).
We are looking for a person with previous experience in commissioning, who understands local government. You will be expected to work closely with the Strategy & Service Development team and with senior officers across the Council as well as other stakeholder groups and partners. You will play a key part in supporting the team to develop services across the People Department. Your work will place the needs of the Enfield’s residents at the centre of everything you do, ensuring that services are accessible, of the highest quality and represent value for money. Confidence and assertiveness will be key to your success as you develop and maintain a range of effective working relationships, both internally and externally. You will also bring excellent planning and organisational skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Person centred approach.
- Be proactive, professional and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Great support planning skills.
- Good communications skills
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Andrew Lawrence on 020 8132 0378 for an informal discussion. If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Andrea Walkerdine at email@example.com or on 020 8132 1022.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents.
Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application.