LIFE Education Trust
The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex, RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Teacher of History
Hours: Full Time
Start date: September 2023
Building Great Learning Communities
Our Mission is 'To build great learning communities'. To accomplish our mission, we keep our 3 core beliefs at the heart of everything we do: Courageous Optimism, Boundless Creativity and Heartfelt Compassion. We support our schools to deliver excellent student outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for employees. To help us with this, we are looking to appoint a high-calibre History Teacher to join a talented and supportive department at The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls. The ability to teach Government & Politics at 'A' Level is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Share our commitment to building great learning communities for our students
- Inspire young women with a passion for History
- Plan creatively for high quality teaching, learning and assessment
- Deliver highly effective and engaging lessons
- Be motivated to challenge and help develop amazing young women
- Work collaboratively across the school
The successful candidate will become part of an oversubscribed, flourishing school for girls aged 11 to 18, with confident, courteous, articulate students, and an ethos rooted in empowerment, The school is committed to providing the best learning opportunities in a safe, secure and friendly environment with dedicated colleagues who strive for excellence.
In return we can offer you:
- Welcoming and friendly colleagues
- A stimulating and welcoming learning environment with excellent facilities, including our purpose-built Wellbeing Centre, a farm, an art gallery and our own railway
- High quality CPD including NPQ and other further qualifications Opportunities to teach across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
- Strong links with girls' schools in the UK and abroad through the International Coalition of Girls' Schools (ICGS)
- 24hr confidential wellbeing support package and free flu vaccinations
- A Colleague Support Pack regularly updated with local financial guidance, schemes and support Increased priority in admissions to our school for your child/ren
- Close proximity to the M25, Romford Railway Station (Elizabeth Line) and on a main bus route
Please forward your completed application form, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork to email@example.com by 9am Monday 20th March 2023.
A copy of the School’s Teaching Colleague Application Form can be found on the School website https://fbaok.co.uk/ Shortlisting and interviews will take place shortly after.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date
For further information about this role, please contact Vicky Smith, Head of HR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits to the school are welcomed.