Reception Class Teacher
St. Andrew’s C.E. Primary School
Part-time Reception Class teacher - Maternity Cover
Monday - Wednesday
TMS 3 - UPS 1 (NOT SUITABLE FOR ECTS)
Start date: 5th June or earlier, if possible
We are looking for an experienced teacher to join our dedicated and experienced Early Years team and lead a class of brilliant children. This is a part time role and is on a fixed term contract basis.
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Belfast Street, Hove, BN3 3YT
About the role
St. Andrew’s is a positive and progressive school and an exciting and rewarding place to work. We have a hardworking, friendly staff team who are united in the belief that we are all learning together. We are proud to be a Church of England school and our mission is, ‘To inspire a love of learning and live ‘life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10), ensuring everyone can flourish and be the best that they can be.’
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly- skilled teacher to join our fantastic team. As an excellent practitioner, you will share our vision of high aspirations, achievement and a passion for learning.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher looking to develop their career.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven record of excellent teaching that has an impact on pupil progress
- Be highly motivated and creative
- Be inspirational, very well organised with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- View teaching as a vocation and love their work
- Be a team player, with good interpersonal skills
- Be sympathetic and supportive of the Christian ethos
- Be an excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents exemplifying our core values of love and respect
- Have high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all children
In return, we will give you:
- The opportunity to shine and share your strengths with others
- Freedom to innovate
- Truly remarkable, highly motivated children
- A fun, friendly, supportive staff team and school community
- Inspiring outdoor learning spaces
- The latest technology in classrooms
- On-going professional development
- Excellent Teaching Assistants
- Excellent SEND support across the school
- An engaged, active community in the centre of a diverse, inclusive and vibrant city
We warmly welcome visits to the school. If you would like to make an appointment or have an informal discussion about the role with Sophie Thomas (Headteacher), please contact the school office.
Telephone number: 01273 770082
CLOSING DATE: 24th March 2023 12:00 GMT
INTERVIEW DATE: week commencing 27th March 2023
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.