Paid weeks per year: 45.25 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Hours: 30 hours
Actual salary: £19,303
Start date: 17 April 2023
The Bilingual Primary School offers a unique opportunity to work in a bilingual environment. We require an energetic, committed and resilient person to fill the post of Learning Mentor. You will be working with pupils who have a range of social, emotional and behavioural needs. The post joins our pastoral team, working under the direction of the INCO.
About the role
For this role, it is not essential to be a Spanish speaker.
We require the following skills and qualities:
- Experience and knowledge of including and supporting pupils with a wide range of social, emotional and behavioural needs
- Knowledge/experience of running SEMH interventions and the ability to plan, organise and monitor support plans for key pupils.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with key pupils, their families and staff to promote positive learning & social skills
- Willingness to be trained and support pupils with medical needs e.g. diabetes
- Excellent communication skills, resilience and a good sense of humour
The governors of our school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Please note that we only accept electronic application and do not accept CVs. Please email your completed application form to http://email@example.com
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
For further information or a visit to the school please call 01273 916212
Telephone: 01273 916212
Brighton & Hove City Council is advertising on behalf of the school and is not the employer in this case.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.