Early Years/KS1 Nurture Group Class Teacher x2
The RJ Mitchell Primary School
Part of The Aspire Learning Federation
Essex RM12 5PP
Tel: 01708 551 684
Head of School: Mrs Feroza Wells
Executive Headteacher: Ms. Victoria Morris
Early Years/KS1 Nurture Group Class Teacher
Salary: Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale, M4 – UPR 3 considered (Outer London)
Hours: Full time
Start Date: September 1st 2023
The Aspire Learning Federation was established in March 2022 between Elm Park Primary School and The RJ Mitchell Primary School. Both schools have a highly inclusive philosophy. We set high expectations for all our pupils and provide high quality pastoral care and support for our most vulnerable pupils. Anyone applying for this post will be employed by the Aspire Learning Federation and may therefore be required to work across both schools. In the first instance, this post is to work at R J Mitchell Primary School.
Our motto is ‘aspire, believe, achieve!’ which we try to live by every day. We want to ‘grow’ good people, who are inspired to make a difference to their lives and the lives of others. Our behaviour management philosophy is based on the ‘restorative’ approach. We provide our children with a creative and innovative curriculum that embeds basic solid skills. We take a personalised approach to the curriculum which promotes self-challenge and independence in learning, as well as inclusion for all, whilst developing key life skills so that our children can become confident, independent and understanding individuals, who are well prepared for life as global citizens. We want the very best for our children and are prepared to work hard to achieve this vision.
What are we looking for?
- A person who is passionate about their job as a teacher and understands what inclusion for all really means;
- A person who has a ‘can do’ attitude, is caring, hardworking and resilient in their outlook;
- A teacher who understands how children learn and has a proven track record of outstanding practices in teaching and learning within a nurture group or additional resource provision.
What can we offer?
- Opportunity to work closely with colleagues in our partner school within our federation;
- Supportive and enthusiastic senior leadership and staff teams;
- Forward thinking and innovative educational environment in which to work;
- Opportunities for continuing professional development in teaching and learning and leadership and management.
Please see a copy of the job profile for further details regarding the role and responsibilities of the job as well as a copy of our Professional Skills Level Descriptors outlining the skills for a Band 1-3 teacher.
Informal visits to The Aspire Learning Federation at Elm Park Primary/R J Mitchell Primary are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by telephoning the School Business Manager, Mrs Ashlea Stevenson on 01708 551684 - Monday-Tuesday or 01708 451463 - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 24th March 2023
Interviews: w/c 27th March 2023
The Aspire Learning Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Everybody who works for the schools within The Aspire Learning Federation is expected to promote and share this commitment. Online checks will be completed as part of the shortlisting process.