Head of Digital & Customer Experience
Waltham Forest is a fiercely ambitious council, adapting to meet the ever-changing demands and pressures on our public services. Driven by our sense of the place and its people, we constantly develop and evolve.
Our Digital Innovation and Customer Experience team is at the forefront of this change and as Head of Digital & Customer Experience, you will join the collaborative management team of the Customer Strategy & Digital Channels department, which was newly created in 2022 to lead customer-focused transformation, directing us away from traditional processes to more modern ways of working while putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Head of Digital & Customer Experience to lead our company's digital team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Council’s digital customer experience strategies and commissioning the services and platforms supporting its delivery. The role will be responsible for leading user research, end to end digital service design, delivering a successful digital transformation programme and ensuring continued high performance from the council’s digital delivery functions.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and implement a compelling digital customer experience strategy and vision that helps the Council meet its objectives to become the UK’s leading digital authority and providing excellent digital services for customer and users alike.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver the council’s digital customer experience and channel strategy
- Leading the digital team in agile digital delivery principles as well as working across the council to inspire and communicate the overall digital vision and provide a positive impact in the digital space for the Council
- Ensure the provision of high quality, easy access to Waltham Forest services which adhere to relevant accessibility, usability and branding standards
- Shaping and evolving ambitious digital strategies driven by deep user research and insight and a passion for inclusion and accessibility
- Lead and manage the council’s development and implementation of customer digital technologies including website, intranet, digital solutions and CRM
- Oversee all digital content through both re-active and pro-active channels, owning the sign off of any change, impacting customer systems
- Act as the design authority and owner for the implementation, development and management of the councils digital products
- Shape and deliver the council’s future operating model for digital
- Support the delivery of future and current programmes
We are looking for someone experienced who can confidently lead a Digital team as well as someone who is able to think strategically about the needs of the organisation and the role that digital transformation plays in meeting these needs.
This is a permanent role and we offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes a salary of up to £77k, 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
If you are passionate about driving digital transformation and have a track record of successful project delivery, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a CV and a Covering Letter to Jo Cumper, email: email@example.com