The Mawney Foundation School
Mawney Road, Romford, Essex RM7 7HR
Tel: 01708 741612
Fax: 01708 760380
Executive Head Teacher: Mr Craige Brown
Head Teacher: Mrs Chris Knight
School Ofsted report: https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/21/131426
Class Teacher - Year 6 (Key Stage 2)
Grade: Main Scale 3 to 6 (This is not a suitable post for ECTs. UPS may be considered for the right candidate)
Start date: Required from September 2023
We are looking for teachers who are ready to develop as middle leaders. The Mawney Foundation School is a proactive, supportive, well-resourced primary school, with high expectations of all members of staff and pupils.
You will also join us at a very exciting time as we increase to 3 form entry school. We have undergone a complete rebuild and we moved into our new state of the art building in November 2017.
The school has also been graded as ‘Good’ in our last 3 Ofsted inspections (most recently in January 2020). The Head teacher and Governors are currently looking for an experienced, highly motivated and creative class teacher to join our enthusiastic and supportive team.
We can offer:
- A working environment which is fun and supportive;
- High provision of IT resources within all classrooms (16 laptops in every classroom, along with a large SmartScreen);
- Motivated and well-behaved pupils from a wide range of backgrounds;
- The opportunity to join a highly professional and motivated team who are continually looking at new ways to improve learning and outcomes;
- The opportunity to develop and progress further both professionally and personally;
- Opportunities to view colleagues effective teaching to improve your own teaching and learning, as well as opportunities to share your effective strategies with others in a non-threatening environment;
- Friendly, supportive staff who are committed to collaborative team work;
- Additional management time for staff leading subject responsibilities as well as additional release time for targeted and relevant CPD training;
- A brand new school for you to enjoy teaching in!
The successful candidate will need to be a qualified teacher, outstanding classroom practitioner with a good knowledge of teaching and learning strategies and able to deliver a structured and stimulating learning environment for all pupils, with experience of teaching in Upper key stage 2. They will have excellent interpersonal skills to enable them to work in partnership with parents and will manage additional adults within their classroom.
It is essential you have a sense of humour and a passion for learning, as well as a willingness to become involved in school and community activities.
Applicants must be committed to inclusion and providing maximum opportunities for all pupils.
If you think that you have the experience, energy, enthusiasm and skills to fit into our continually improving school, applications can be submitted online.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the School Office on 01708 741612 to arrange a tour of the school.
Closing Date: 5pm on 8th May 2023
Shortlisting: 9th May 2023
Interviews: Week beginning 15th May 2023
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.