Senior Application Support Analyst
At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Resources department, our ambition is to be 'ruthlessly financially efficient' in everything that we do, to ensure that our residents and services are receiving the best value for money whilst challenging old-fashioned thinking, unfairness and removing waste where possible.
Focused on H&Fs supplier hosted Planning, Building Control and Regulatory Services application (currently Idox Uniform but migrating to NEC Assure). An experienced and organised analyst with solid technical ability and excellent people skills to lead across all aspects of application support and related project delivery. Early areas for development will be system integration, business intelligence and potentially a migration to a new supplier.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, able to communicate effectively at every level, and driven to challenge themselves and us as an organisation to be the best we can be.
If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the councils’ Planning, Building Control and Regulatory Services application (currently Idox Uniform but migrating to NEC Assure), other assigned applications and their associated business functions.
- Primary resource for the Planning, Building Control and Regulatory Services application in all future product upgrades and developments including a migration to a new supplier hosted system.
- Ensure that requests for support are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures, ensuring that users and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays.
- Be responsible for the technology roadmap for the application or database, recommending implementation of future developments which will support on-going best practice.
- Advise senior management of significant developments about existing and emerging system software and associated technologies.
- Lead on design of supporting technical architecture platform for applications or databases, working with the Technical Architecture function.
- Lead on the service integration for the systems you are responsible for, and the continuous service improvement plan.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the database structure and support Business users to develop complex reports.
Contact details for Informal discussion: William O’Connell, Head of Applications and Systems on 02087 534517 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: W/c 10 April 2023.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.