Publications and Publicity Officer / Graphic Designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a graphic designer, with 3-5 years’ experience to work for Enfield Council’s Design and Print Service. The service produces a large number of materials for a range of internal and external customers.
- We are looking for an individual who has proven graphic design experience, has the ability to take a project from brief through to artwork
- Is capable of building and maintaining strong, respectful and effective partnerships with the services many stakeholders
- Creative - must have artistic flair and have an eye for design
- Implement corporate identity and uphold brand values; working to a brief within the parameters of the brand guidelines
- Prepare files for print and social media
Software Knowledge for a Graphic Designer:
- Experience with all Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Experience with illustration, video, and animation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams,
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude
- A creative team player who will contribute new design ideas for print & social media
Please note - the salary quoted is the annual salary for a full time employee working 36 hours per week. This salary will be pro rata for part time employees. The actual part time salary for this role is £16,675 - £17,170 pa
This role is for 18 hours a week. We would like the post holder to work 6 hours a day over 3 days, with one day being Friday - other days are negotiable.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Mitchell Tait on 020 8379 5283 for an informal discussion.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Iona Mackinnon at email@example.com or 020 4526 5336
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
This role requires you to upload your CV and complete the supporting statement box addressing how you meet the requirements of the essential and desirable criteria in the job description and person specification.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application.