An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join the Revenues and Benefits Services as a Contract Manager.
Your role will involve the management of all Revenues and Benefits Services contracts and other relevant contracts that may be procured to ensure that appropriate performance management, supplier relationship management and governance are applied and to deliver maximum value for money for the Council. You will be the professional lead for the Council’s Hybrid Mail contract.
The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of hybrid mail systems and reprographics and experience of working in a similar area.
You will be a confident communicator and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders and develop a positive working relationship. You will be highly organised to manage your busy workload.
- Accountable for the effective day-to-day operations of the councils Hybrid Mail contract, including the service delivery of outgoing mail including ad-hoc and bulk mail.
- To establish, monitor and report on service level agreements and key performance indicators for learning and development. Use external performance benchmarking to evaluate the effectiveness of the contracts.
- Ensure that contracts operate within the council’s policy framework, including compliance with financial management, financial regulations, standing orders, procurement, HR, equalities & diversity, risk and audit.
- To actively promote the hybrid mail solution to all directorates and Tower Hamlets Homes as the default option for all ad-hoc and bulk mail requirements.
- Working as part of Revenues and Benefits Services senior leadership team to develop wider partnerships working with key stakeholders or other local authorities as appropriate and also to seek and deliver on all opportunities to create efficiencies and assist in transforming council operations.
If you believe you meet the requirements and are seeking a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
All applications should be made via our online application system, no CV’s or alternative forms of applications are accepted.
Internal employees should apply via the council's Intranet. External applicants apply via the Council's website www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers
Tower Hamlets vision for our borough is that: people are aspirational, independent and have equal access to opportunities; we are a borough that our residents are proud of and love to live in; and we are a dynamic, outcomes-based council using digital innovation and partnership working to respond to the changing needs of our borough. We want people who aspire to our TOWER values: Together; Open; Willing; Excellent; Respect.
Tower Hamlets has a zero-tolerance approach to, and works to eradicate, all forms of discrimination on the basis of race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, status as a civil partner, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy and maternity and looks to employ a diverse workforce representative of those groups. We recognise that people can also be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class.
We welcome applicants interested in flexible working arrangements and also applicants who live in the borough