Head of School
Head of School
Required for September 2023
Salary L15 to L21 £70,934 - £80,862 per annum, with Teachers Pension Scheme
We are ambitious, have high expectations and a genuine passion for education and we have the rare opportunity for an experienced Assistant or Deputy Head to step up to the Head of School role and grasp the opportunities Rotherfield offers.
In this role you will be supported by an experienced Executive Headteacher, and an experienced peer Head of School, at our sister school.
We are seeking a person who:
- Will be inspirational and fearless in driving change;
- Will set high standards, and hold staff and pupils to those standards;
- Will be highly organised, and systematic in their ways of working;
- Will further improve outcomes for pupils and maintain a rich curriculum;
- Has high levels of emotional intelligence, and can manage relationships with others well.
In return we can offer you:
- A stable Federation leadership team, who work hard, are committed, and have fun together;
- Working within a community school, with diversity at its heart, and a commitment to a full rich curriculum;
- A beautiful, newly refurbished school building;
- Working with a team of 8 staff across the Federation, including subject specialists in computing, Spanish, PE and Music;
- Access to high quality CPD through our local authority and our Futurezone Partnership;
- A Governing Board supportive of staff wellbeing.
Visits and application
Visits to the school are an expectation for a role at this level; please contact the school office to arrange a time. Our Executive Head, Abi, is happy to talk to any candidates about the role - please contact the school to arrange a discussion.
- Apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/jobs
- Closing date for applications: midnight, 16 April 2023
- Shortlisting: 18 April 2023
- Selection process: 3 and 4 May 2023
Rotherfield and Newington Green Primary Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful, candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and a childcare declaration.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.