We have a fantastic opportunity for a new Tenancy Officer to join our existing Tenancy Management Service. The service was reshaped in 2021 to focus on delivering services to the people living in our homes, with a separate service being created to focus on our communal spaces. This has enabled our Tenancy Officers to focus their efforts on our customers and you’ll be joining the service at an exciting time as we will be rolling out a number of new projects over the next few years.
At Waltham Forest, we have three core priorities that shape everything we do. These are:
- Improving life chances of residents
- Keeping our streets clean and safe
- Ensuring a decent roof over everyone’s head
This role offers a real opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis. We’re looking for someone who focus on delivering a responsive and efficient tenancy management service to our residents. You’ll need to have excellent customer care skills and focus on delivering the best outcomes for all the resident in the area you support. You’ll need to be highly organised and proactive as this is a busy customer facing service. The role of a Tenancy Officer is varied, no two days will be the same, so it’s important that you can think on your feet.
To be successful in the role attitude and behaviour is key, there will be training available for the right candidate if they don’t have previous tenancy management experience.
The key duties of this role include:
- Working with residents experiencing a change in their circumstances to make sure they receive the necessary support.
- Delivering an outstanding service to residents taking the lead on responding to and managing a course of actions where a breach of tenancy has occurred.
- Maintain a have a high level of expertise on legislation and current good practice relating to tenancy and lease management.
- Manage a caseload of tenancy related activity to a professional standard and in line with policies and procedures.
- Lead on cases of anti-social behaviour (ASB), domestic abuse (DA), hoarding and safeguarding
- Making the best use of the valuable assets we have by supporting tenancy fraud initiatives and ensuring any empty homes are brought back in to use as quickly as possible.
We offer a great flexible benefits package, a fantastic pension, and the opportunity to work flexibly.
Diversity and Inclusion is integral to Waltham Forest and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace, reflecting our customer profile where everyone is proud to be unique.
Please focus your supporting statement on answering the following:
Share an experience in which you successfully shared a difficult piece of information.
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.