Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Civic centre and other locations from time to time
To carry out social care and joint health assessments.
Devise appropriate comprehensive support plans in order to meet identified needs
Ability to evaluate and highlight varying needs for the purpose of different types of care support options, traditional care, reablement or supported living
Participate in care discussions and multidisciplinary assessments regarding customers
To be creative in determining appropriate services to meet varying needs
Ability to research both formal and informal services to meet needs
To monitor and review packages of care
To work in partnerships with other statutory, voluntary and private sector organisations. Contribute to the development of the Team
To undertake actions in relation to Safeguarding Adults, as required within the locally agreed Adult Safeguarding policies
- Good customer care skills demonstrating ability to within the Council’s Customer Care Procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work with colleagues and other external agencies.
- Ability to plan own work, work under pressure and use of effective methods deadlines. 13. Good communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to collate information and produce relevant assessments; support and review action plans and other relevant reports.
- Ability to use IT processes to meet required data input.
- Ability to calculate basic funding costs in relation to presenting social care packages.
- Ability to work in partnership with carers, families, & relevant stakeholders.
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.