Early Years Practitioners - 1 year Fixed Term contract
At Ekaya Housing Association we understand that providing the best enabling services is crucial to our success whilst ensuring a customer-centric approach to our work. We are working in an ever-changing dynamic environment and understand the importance of ensuring our services meet the needs of our internal and external customers. Crucial to this work is our Nursery operations.
We require Early Years Practitioners who will ensure that safeguarding best practice is demonstrated in the care and wellbeing for children to thrive. As a valued practitioner you will demonstrate commitment to the provision of high-quality childcare.
Happy Nursery Days is based in the London borough of Lambeth at Upper Tulse Hill, SW2. You will be joining at a pivotal time and will be part of a friendly well established team of practitioners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to creating an environment which provides for the safeguarding and well-being of all the children attending the nursery
- Being involved in planning appropriate activities to ensure that the children's developmental needs are met
- Taking responsibility for the welfare of children, as directed by senior members of staff
- Contributing to the observation and assessment of the children's developmental stages, recording this on the relevant documents
- Working in partnership with the parents and carers to encourage open communication and involvement within the nursery setting
- Awareness of, and taking responsibility for, all aspects of health, safety and security in relation to the children attending the nursery
- Being a good role model to the children
- Working flexibly as part of the larger nursery team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
We offer an excellent package, to include:
o Competitive salary
o 7% employer pension contribution
o Life insurance
o Hybrid working
o Employee Assistance Programme
o 25 days holiday plus public holidays, rising to 25 days after five years continuous service
o Health benefits