Area catering manager PO2
Waltham Forest Catering are part of LBWF Traded Services.
We have contracts in over 50 schools both in LBWF and neighbouring boroughs
Waltham Forest Catering are looking to recruit an additional Area Catering Manager, to join us at this exciting time, we have a newly formed team of Area Managers with a wide range of knowledge and experience and are looking forward to welcoming a new manager with an enthusiastic attitude, multisite experienced, with a keen understanding and knowledge of the school meals sector.
You will report to the Catering Operations Manager.
Enjoy working in a vibrant diverse community committed to improving resident’s life chances.
An enthusiastic and experienced foodie with practical skills and an eye for detail.
Have proven Multi site Management experience in a school meals environment.
Experience and demonstratable knowledge of the school meals sector at management level, and children’s nutrition is essential to us.
Responsibility for a group of schools, reporting directly to the Catering Operations Manager.
Financially and commercially aware to understand your own profit and loss accounts,
Developing and costing additional income streams via Teatime club, Breakfast clubs, hospitality.
- Developing great working relationships with Colleagues, Clients, Unit Managers and Suppliers
- Assisting the Unit Managers to provide high quality meals and develop great teams
- Ensuring all your teams have the support they need to carry out their jobs to the highest standard
- Monitoring Food Quality, Health and Safety, Food Safety and Training and Development within your Units and providing support and advice where required.
The successful candidate will: • have a passion for School food and customer service
- understand the importance of the Food in school Standards
- have excellent business acumen
- be able to communicate at all levels and build strong business relationships
- have proven management skills
- be financially astute
- be IT literate
Able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Waltham Forest Offer,
Membership of the LGPS pension scheme
Up to 32 days A/L plus Bank holidays (dependant on length of service)
Employee Assistance scheme
Employee staff benefits scheme, bike to work, health and leisure discounts.
Working in a happy positive and energetic team.