At the London Borough of Havering we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality services to our residents, shared owners and leaseholders.
At Havering, residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the heart of everything we do. It is imperative that applicants are committed to Havering’s ICARE values and committed to our vision of becoming a national top quartile service across a range of measures.
The Home Ownership Manager role, is a key position and will work to ensure we meet all of our statutory timelines and targets.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Housing Operations and Estate Services, and working as part of the management team. The post holder will have overall operational responsibility for leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for leaseholder service charges calculations and major works billing, leasehold service charge and major works income collection, RTB and sales, leasehold enforcement, customer engagement and service development, buy backs, sales and marketing, in residential and commercial stock.
A key objective will be to create a dynamic, innovative, agile service, that uses data, technology and business intelligence to set the operational direction and drive ambitious, achievable, challenging targets for all service functions. Working seamlessly with a range internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance. To create, lead and manage a service that delivers top in class service, and provide values for money to service users
As part of the Housing Operations and Estate Services Division, the Home Ownership Manager will support the Assistant Director to deliver a high performing, best in class service that we are proud of.
In return we offer a competitive salary, with an organisation that is committed to getting the best out of its people, with a strong focus on training and development, and a culture that will enable you and your service to flourish
Why choose Havering?
On joining Havering, you will find our supportive, approachable and visible leadership who are happy to share their skills and experience to guide you wherever you need it. We are proud to be a forward-thinking organisation that embraces new ways of working to the benefit of our employees and residents alike.
More reasons to choose Havering:
• A competitive salary Grade 10 £51,717 to £55,980
• An agile, modern and efficient council in London’s eastern most Borough.
• 26 days’ annual leave, rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Generous Local Government Pension scheme
You will be part of a creative, professional and supportive management team, whose ethos is about working together to achieve success.
About the Job
In this role the responsibility will of course be to have overall operational responsibility for the leasehold, homeownership, service charges, shared ownership, income recovery functions for Havering Council leaseholders/ homeowners, in residential and commercial stock
But it also has responsibility and ownership of a range of key deliverables which will include:
- Managing a multi-disciplinary staff team
- Ensuring achievement against all service plans, targets, budgets and resources.
- In conjunction with the major works team, to ensure that all section 20 notices are served correctly, on time, and within legislative guidelines.
- To be the lead officer who ensures the service area delivers excellent services in line with legislative, corporate and best practice.
- Leading on the effective delivery of all right to buys, property sales and disposals, service charges, and major works accounts as required in accordance with legislation and Council rules
- To ensure all stair casing complies with legislation, council rules and guidelines.
- To ensure that correct checks are undertaken to minimise the incidents of fraud within the service areas, and therefore protecting council funding, resources and residential and commercial stock.
- To maximise income recovery from major works and services charges, to deliver, achieve and sustain top quartile performance and recovery levels.
- Lead on the calculation, verification, analysis and confirmation of all service charge estimates and actuals
- To lead on the setting, calculation and recovery of all service charges and the collection of all associated revenues due to the Council from its residential and commercial stock.
- This role is varied and interesting, and will provide the successful candidate with the scope to show their diverse skills and expertise , showing their creativity, agile working and flexibility in a fast paced and dynamic service. It really is an exciting time to be joining us
The successful candidate will need extensive experience, of heading up all of the service areas
You must be able to evidence the following in your application:
A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a large local authority, social housing and or complex political organisation.
A minimum of three years’ experience of leading and managing leasehold, homeownership, service charges, shared ownership, income recovery, section 20, Right to Buy functions for both residential and commercial properties.
Please view Job Profile here
Please note: Penna will will be supporting Havering with this recruitment campaign. To apply please click on the following link https://sourcing.penna.com/clients/london-borough-of-havering/home-ownership-manager/
Please only apply via the above link as applications sent via Fusion will not be accepted.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Evonne.Hudson@havering.gov.uk
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 2nd December 2022,