Permanent – Full Time
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
The Housing Solutions Service has a number of opportunities to join the team at the frontline of preventing and relieving homelessness in the borough. This will be joining a team that is fast paced, where you will be expected to think on your feet, provide innovative solutions, and to support residents to resolve their housing situation using a varied housing solutions toolkit.
We have recently undergone a period of redesign in the service to realign service delivery post-pandemic, which will see a hybrid service offer through an omni channel and improving the digital front door as well as providing an in-person service that is co-located with partners and at different locations within the borough.
The Housing Solutions Officer in key role will be to prevent homelessness by helping customers retain their current accommodation and, where this cannot be achieved, provide access to a range of suitable alternative housing options fulfilling the Council's statutory obligations as set out in the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- You will need to have experience of issuing s184 and personal housing plans
- You will need to be a collaborator, effective communicator, and have excellent written skills and emotional intelligence to support some of the most vulnerable residents.
- You will need to be able to build relationships with internal and external partners.
- You will have experience of working in a demanding environment, and you will at times need to think on your feet but have an eye for detail.
- You will have experience of using negotiating, influencing and problem-solving skills to achieve positive outcomes for customers
- You will have experience of successfully working to performance targets and deadlines
- You will need to keep up to date with changes in legislation and case law.
To apply for this post please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/jobs and complete the online application form and attach your CV and a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the criteria for the role as stated in the person specification.
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief