Youth Support Worker
Y&C Level 2 - £22,446 to £24,666
Full-time (36 hours) | Fixed-term position until 31st March 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Youth Support Worker in the Youth Development Service. The Youth Development Service’s targeted Youth Support focuses on providing early help to young people aged 11-19(up to 24) for SEND or care leaver) within the context of whole family support. We work closely with a range of partners to support young people to successful pathways and divert them from gangs, crime and anti-social behaviour, serious youth violence and support them in achieving positive outcomes in relation to health and emotional well-being, relationships, and engagement in education, employment and training.
We do this by providing specific and tailored support to meet the needs of young people through assessments, delivery of youth interventions, packages of 1-1 support, detached and group-work sessions and work in local schools.
There is regular supervision and support and good training opportunities. The successful candidate will be passionate about working within the team and young people and be able to engage and undertake direct one to one work with teenagers and young people. The successful candidate will be supporting the daytime youth offer and leading on the evening youth club sessions.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Thursday 8th December 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Deniz Akin on 0208 148 4898 or Deniz.Akin@enfield.gov.uk
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Talisha Anderson-Wright on 0208 132 2783 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.