We are looking for an enthusiastic Tenant Management Support and Compliance Officer, who has experience of working with resident groups to deliver services and the ability to inspire TMOs to deliver an excellent customer service within a changing environment.
You will be working with our Tenant Management Organisations (TMO’s) who manage properties for the council to deliver a range of services which include repairs, maintenance and caretaking.
- Providing advice and guidance to TMO’s in delivering their services on behalf of the council
- Ensuring that any issues of non compliance with the management agreement are identified and provide advice to resolve the issue
- Awareness of the Health and Safety context of the TMO/ Council relationship
- Carrying out a programme of monitoring including governance, financial arrangements, risk management and performance.
- Working with the TMO’s, colleagues within the council and ward councillors to resolve issues within the TMO/council
We are a small dedicated team working to support and develop the 23 TMOs in Islington to ensure that contractual obligations are met, good working relationships are maintained with both residents and TMO staff though a flexible and innovative approach and areas of support are identified through monitoring processes.
You will need to work with TMOs and colleagues throughout the council to support TMOs to develop and change their services to respond to emerging risks and legislative challenges and you will need to utilise your influencing skills to demonstrate the benefits to all parties.
Closing date: Sunday 23rd October 2022 at 23:59
Interviews: w/c Monday 7th November 2022
- To monitor and support tenant led organisations to ensure residents receive a good service from the TMO/C and the council.
- To act as a link to and key source of information within the council for a number of TMO/Cs to help them resolve day to day problems experienced in their interaction with other parts of the council or accessing the correct information and support from the council for their residents.
- To ensure that any issues of non-compliance with a tenant led organisations’ management agreement are identified and advice provided on the need to rectify the issue. These issues should be followed up in line with the teams monitoring arrangements.
- To work with TMOs, colleagues throughout the council and ward councillors to find solutions and negotiate a way forward for sometimes complex and controversial issues that can occur within these small organisations and within their communities.
- To carry out a programme of monitoring a number of tenant led organisations, through a number of means including desk top audits, carry out tenant surveys, assessing performance information, attendance at committee meetings and monitoring meetings – covering governance, financial arrangements, risk management, performance etc.
- To raise issues of non-compliance to management agreements or poor performance with the relevant TMO and agree a proportionate action plan for resolution.
- To provide a wide range of advice and guidance as appropriate to tenant led organisations to support them to achieve their responsibilities under their management agreements and develop and improve their services further, through a number of means including responding to individual support requests, contributing to a training programme, delivering briefings and training.
- To work with colleagues throughout the council to ensure that the council carries out its responsibilities under the management agreements with tenant led organisations.
- To provide support to developing TMOs or TMOs wishing to take on additional service responsibility and ensure compliance with the appropriate legislation.
- To contribute to the drawing up of a team work plan and training programme for tenant led organisations by identifying training and development needs of the tenant led organisations to which you provide support.
- To negotiate on behalf of the council and assist in the drafting of variations to management agreements to agreed changes to services or protocols contained within the agreement.
- Ensure that the council receives the required documentation and performance information from each tenant led organisation in order to appropriately monitor and support them.
- With support from the Housing Finance Team to monitor the finances of tenant led organisations and support the process for ensuring accurate and reliable service charge information is passed by these organisations to the Council’s Homeownerships Service.
- To support the TMO Team Manager and Housing Partnerships Clienting Manager in the resolution of disputes between the council and tenant led organisations.
- To carry out project work, leading project teams, to support the council’s objectives for monitoring, supporting tenant led organisations and to assist them to develop and take on new services, through policy setting, agreeing working practices between the council and TMOs and setting service standards.
- Regular attendance at tenant led organisations committee meetings, usually during the evening, to provide a link to the council, provide support and advice and monitor the implementation of organisational governance and identify emerging issues.
- To achieve service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed with your line manager.
- To undertake relevant training and development, including meetings, supervision, seminars and other events.
- To be committed to the Council’s core values of public service, quality and equality.
- At all times carrying out responsibilities and duties in accordance with all relevant legislation, codes of practice and Council policies and procedures.
- To undertake additional duties commensurate with the grade as directed by your line manger.