Portway Primary School
Leading Learning Trust
KS2 Class Teacher
Job starts: Sept 2022
Salary: MPS (Inner London) + Recruitment + Retention Point for ECTs or Possibility for TLR 2a for
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Learning Today- Transforming Tomorrow!
Portway is a happy and successful school located in Plaistow, East London. We are at the heart of this
culturally rich community where we are able to offer purposeful and exciting learning opportunities for
all. Our vision for our school is for our children to learn today what they need to enable them to
We are looking for a KS2 class teacher. This post is open to ECT but equally we will welcome
experienced teachers who are looking to develop their leadership experience.
We welcome applications from ECT/experienced class teachers who have the following
· Proven classroom experience and an excellent knowledge of the curriculum
· High standards and can demonstrate excellent outcomes for pupils in your career to date
· Values professional development and is enthusiastic about taking risks
· Motivates others and thrives on working in diverse teams
· Shows resilience, with an ambition and a desire to develop into a senior leadership role in the
We can offer you
· Curious children, who love learning
· Collaboration opportunities with supportive, forward thinking and dedicated teams
· An extensive wellbeing offer for staff, pupils and families and a Leadership team who promote
wellbeing and academic success equally
· Well-resourced and attractive environment comprising of a drama studio and school forest
· Quality first professional development and career enhancement opportunities
· Opportunity to work in a diverse, inclusive and vibrant community with excellent transport
· Discounted 2 year old/3 year old full time childcare support.
If this role sounds like the job for you and if you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact Fredericka Bines, Executive Officer, to arrange a visit or an informal telephone conversation (020 8472 7142) with our Headteacher, Scott Chudley, ahead of making your application.
Visits are strongly recommended. When you visit the school, you will see first-hand our excellent
facilities and feel how welcoming Portway is.
Further information about our school can be found on our website -
Closing Date: 5th October 2022*
Short-Listing: 6th October 2022
Interviews: 10th October 2022
*We welcome early applications and will consider holding interviews before the closing date for strong
Portway Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check as well as qualifications and reference checks. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.