Fostering Supervising Social Workers
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We are one of the fastest growing Councils in the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open spaces and rapid transport links into the heart of the city.
About the role
This role will require excellent assessment, observation and analytical skills, which will enable the candidate to successfully deliver the role of Supervising Social Worker in the Fostering Service.
You will need to have a sound understanding of the legislation and guidance relating to Children’s Social Work. As a Supervising Social Worker you will be key in ensuring the welfare and assessed needs of those whom we support making sure they are managed in a safe and inclusive way.
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate and motivated social workers to join our service. You will adopt a strength-based, person centred approach to your work and be able to balance challenging demands whilst growing and developing in your practice.
You will work alongside experienced and supportive colleagues in the team to raise awareness in the community, facilitate information sessions and training for prospective foster carers.
This role is challenging but rewarding. The successful candidate should have the following attributes:
- Substantive experience of working with children, young people and their families.
- Excellent writing skills and confident in representing the service at professional forums.
- Committed to achieving positive outcomes for children.
- Experience of completing assessments and developing SMART care plans for children, young people and their families.
- Able to contribute to the Skills to Foster Training and be part of the duty rota.
- Able to demonstrate personal and professional autonomy in relation to practice.
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Able to manage a caseload of Foster Carers enabling them to care for children with complex and challenging needs.
For further information about the role please contact email@example.com or call 0208 708 6060
The closing date for submissions is Tuesday 4th October 2022
To apply for this post please discuss with your Line Manager in the first instance and then complete the online application form and attach your CV and a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the criteria for the role as stated in the person specification.
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.