Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: As soon as possible
Balfour Primary School requires an enthusiastic, patient and dedicated Learning Mentor as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be expected to provide individualised and group support to vulnerable pupils across the school.
About the role
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Being attachment aware and have stong knowledge of trauma and it's impact on pupils
- Good knowledge of a range of effective SEMH strategies
- A commitment to raising standards in all areas of school life
- Good understanding of child development and of how children learn
- Commitment to child-centred education involving learning through creative first hand experiences and children’s interests
- An ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and able to use their own initiative within the classroom, playground and the wider school community
- Ability to communcitae effectively with parents/carers
- Good organisational and time management skills
Balfour Primary School is a thriving and vibrant school at the heart of the Surrenden Campus serving the Preston Park, Fiveways and Hollingbury communities. Our school is a four form-entry primary school with nearly 800 pupils on roll.
We are very proud of:
- the engagement and motivation of our pupils
- our inquiry based and thought provoking curriculum
- our friendly staff and governor teams
- the sense of community that exists with our families
Hours: The post holder will be expected to work term time only, Monday - Friday 8:30 – 3:15 (including a 30-minute unpaid break).
Salary: NJC scale 5
Term: This is a permanent post.
To apply: Please visit our website for further information and to download an application form. If you would like a tour of the school, please telephone the school office 01273 507722. Please email application forms (CVs will not be accepted) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you write your application using the headings of the Person Specification.
Closing date: 8am, 3rd October 2022
Interview date: end of the week commencing 3rd Oct (TBD)
If you do not hear from us please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
Balfour Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to have a staff body that matches the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.
Telephone: (01273) 507722
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.