Nelmes Primary School
Essex RM11 3BX
Telephone: 01708 447676
Head Teacher: Kirsten Cooper
Teaching Assistant - Additionally Resourced Provision
Hours: 31.25 hours per week
Grade: Grade 1/2 points 1-5 with TA2 Allowance
Salary: Pro Rata Actual Salary: £15,408- £16,386 p.a + TA2 Allowance (based on £21,228 - £22,575 full time equivalent)
Required for October 2022 or early November 2022, we are looking to appoint a committed and experienced teaching assistant to work with our pupils in our brand new ARP – additionally resourced provision for children with ASD and/or communication and interaction needs.
We are seeking to employ an experienced teaching assistant with expertise in supporting pupils, with a range of additional and significant needs, particularly ASD and social communication/interaction difficulties. The support assistant will work in the team, be led, and line managed by our ARP lead. Staff work in a positive and collaborative environment where the needs of the children are at the heart of all best practice and decision-making. The team will also work together to establish the ARP to ensure it becomes integral to the provision of the whole school.
At Nelmes Primary School we are committed to supporting and encouraging children across the whole school and we passionately believe that all children, regardless of their starting point, can and should be included in the day to day life of the school and achieve well.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who has at least an NVQ level 3 and should have relevant experience in the area of working with pupils with high need.
- Be positive and confident in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning, and SEND
- Be ready to utilise the benefits of a curriculum that is innovative and flexible in terms of delivery and content
- Be able to manage and support children who become dysregulated
- Be engaged with both the schools and provision’s ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open and honest team, whilst keeping the needs of the pupils firmly at the centre
- Be able to share best practice and be flexible and compassionate
- Develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs
- Be enthusiastic, confident and able to use their initiative
- Be patient, empathetic and resilient
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Play a full part in the life of the school and is committed to working in partnership with staff and parents
Nelmes is an Outstanding school and can offer you:
- a kind, caring, warm and friendly school with happy, and motivated children;
- a well-resourced brand new teaching environment adjacent to our mainstream school
- continuing professional development opportunities within and outside of school and an experienced team to offer advice and support
- an opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards and creating an inclusive learning environment for all children
Visits to the provision are welcome and we would welcome applications from experienced support staff with SEND expertise and knowledge in the areas of ASD and social communication needs.
Please apply online.
Closing date: Monday 26th September 2022
Interviews held in week beginning Monday 3rd October 2022
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.