Social Worker - Children Looked After
“Have you got the passion and drive to make positive changes in the lives of children and young people?”
We expect children and families in Croydon to receive outstanding services from our social work staff. We want our staff to have high expectations and high challenge of their practice and each other.
We are seeking Social Workers ‘To be The Change’ to join us to strengthen our service of putting children at the centre of everything we do. For you, this investment means you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career as well as make your mark by helping to shape the way we support children and families.
We have exciting opportunities for Social Workers to join Croydon Children Looked After service.
Do you have the ability to establish and maintain relationships to be a key figure in the life of a young person? Are you able to reflect on the complexities caused by young people who have experienced early trauma? Can you work within strict statutory timescales whilst keeping children in mind? If so then we would love to hear from you.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Retention payment of £1,500pa (paid in 2 instalments)
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- 31 days’ annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- Accredited Systemic Practice training
- A range of CPD opportunities to support your development
- Career Progression Scheme from Social Worker to Advanced Social Worker
- Our Edge of Care Service works alongside social workers
- Manageable caseloads
- Investment into your staff well-being
- Good management support for practitioners, regular supervision, and access to a clinical therapist to support your work
Why Join Us
- Our teams consist of experienced Social Workers at various levels
- The team arrange meetings weekly to ensure all colleagues have the support required to fulfil their duties, they will use this time to problem solve complex cases
- The ethos at Croydon is very much about working together to make positive change
- Caseloads of Social Workers are manageable for staff within the teams
- You will join an established team who can help you settle in and offer their expertise
- You will have the support of an extremely knowledgeable and understanding manager
- Will have the opportunity to work from home and work flexibly which provides you with more of a work-life balance.
We are looking for confident social workers, who are also:
- Qualified and registered Social Workers / Advanced Social Workers who are Social Work England registered, and have completed your AYSE
- Experienced in making assessments, implementing plans and delivering interventions
- Skilled in managing complex cases and competent in presenting cases in court with demonstrable professionalism and empathy
- Your experience of working in a statutory setting is desirable however not essential
Recruitment and Selection Timeline
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 2nd October 2022
Shortlisting will take place WC 3rd October 2022
Interviews will take place WC 10th October 2022
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check which allows them to work with children.