Qualification: Business Administration Level 3
Contract Length: 18 months
The apprentice will provide administrative support to enable the smooth and efficient running of the Property Services team.
The team ensures that Camden’s Mechanical, Electrical and Lift maintenance and gas servicing schedules to its housing stock are delivered to the highest standards of quality and health and safety.
They also monitor performance, capture areas in need of improvement and reduce risks of failures to the various services. On average the team manage approximately 90,000 work orders per year.
- Support the Property Management team to effectively organise and administrate data for contracted works and internal service areas.
- Support contract management in the recording, updating and processing of works/documents on the systems.
- Assist in the day to day administration, inputting data, enquiries and correspondence for programmes of work, repairs and contracted works across the Property Management Division.
Example of outcomes the apprentice will learn to deliver:
- Provide an effective administrative support function based in the Property Management division ensuring that full support is provided in a consistent and professional manner.
- Provide an effective contract support function across all teams within Property Management ensuring that full support is provided in a consistent and professional manner.
- Ensure that staff absences are covered through the team’s knowledge of all areas of work.
- Provide a support to the team in organising effective management of contract and service area requirements.
- Positively contribute to the development of the team and help them provide advice and guidance to other teams across the division and further afield.
- Maintain and update systems for the relevant service area within Property Services including but not limited to repairs and operations, capital works, void (empty) properties and contracted services.
- Accurately update and maintain the property records relating to compliance and completed works including document management and processing of certification.
- Assist in the pro-active provision of a full office management function ensuring all equipment and facilities are maintained and all consumables replenished and available as required.
- Assist in coordinating communication and correspondence for the service area to support effective property management delivery.
- The role will involve communicating with internal staff across all levels, residents, Tenant and Resident Associations (TRAs), Members, consultants and contractors in relation to Property Services.
- Able to use MS Excel and MS Word confidently.
- Able to learn how to manage workload and prioritise effectively.
- Able to learn how to produce reports of outstanding actions in clear formats (guidance and training will be provided).
- Able to learn how to manage records.
- Ability to work pro-actively to solve problems.
- Ability to develop good working relationships.
- Effective negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to follow processes paying close attention to detail in recording and inputting data.
- Ability to work with other teams as and when required.
- Able to learn new IT processes and systems (guidance and training will be provided).
Desirable criteriaNot specified
To apply for this role, you must:
1. Be a Camden resident, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver.
2. Have the right to live and work in the UK.
3. Have lived in the EU or UK for the last 3 years (except if you are an asylum seeker or refugee).
4. NOT already have significant administrative experience or an NVQ level 3 (or higher) Business Administration qualification.
Important Note - role may close early if we get enough suitable applications – those interested are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want Camden Council to be a great place to work and to ensure that our communities are represented across our workforce. A vital part of this is ensuring we are a truly inclusive organisation that encourages diversity in all respects, including diversity of thinking. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and those of Other Ethnicities, LGBT+, disabled and neurodiverse communities to make a real difference to our residents so that equalities and justice remains at the heart of everything we do.
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Asking for Adjustments
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes, making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neuro-diverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you have would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please let us know on your registration form in the section about reasonable adjustments. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02079748778 to discuss.