Havering Adult College
Share your valuable skills and industry experience by joining
Our AMAZING team of Sessional Teachers
- You do not need to have had teacher training to start teaching.
- Part-time teaching means you do not have to change your career
- Work-life balance. Courses will be planned around your availability.
- Make a difference to your students’ life and help us to provide opportunities for our community to grow skills and confidence.
SESSIONAL ITALIAN TEACHER
There has never been a more exciting time at Havering Adult College. With COVID restrictions easing off, we are ready to welcome back into the classroom old and new learners. We have prepared a new and exciting offer of wonderful courses for the 2022-2023 academic year, and we are looking to recruit an ITALIAN Sessional Teachers to join our team.
Who we are
Havering Adult College exists to provide high quality learning opportunities for those living in and around the London Borough of Havering, to support them to reconnect with education. Havering Adult College values diversity and, as a leader in lifelong learning, will work to ensure there is equality of opportunity for all. We offer a range of courses that will nurture and develop a wider set of skills that can empower residents and other customers to grow as individuals, keep their minds and bodies active, challenge preconceptions, and support the ethos of lifelong learning.
About the Job
The role includes teaching non-accredited course at Beginner, Elementary and Improver level.
You will prepare and deliver teaching and learning that meets the individual needs of the learners and help them develop their skills, knowledge, and understanding. You will assess and provide meaningful and developmental feedback to learners as required. You will deliver Pre Course Interviews to ensure learners are enrolled in the right class at the right level. You will ensure assessment records are kept up-to-date and targets are met. You must have the ability to take initiative and the ability to research, produce, and use teaching resources to maintain high standards of learning in different environments including the use of e-learning, the last of which is essential. It is also essential that you have a desire to develop and use new methods of teaching and learning to engage and motivate your learners.
Successful candidates will have an understanding of Equality and Diversity, and an appreciation of the requirements of teachers under the Safeguarding of Children & Vulnerable Adults regulations.
Successful applicants will be responsible for their own travel to and from the delivery centres.
- Related qualifications in Italian
- ITALIAN teacher (preferable)
- A teaching qualification or willing to work towards
- GCSE A*-C English and Mathematics qualifications (or equivalent)
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workload
- Secure knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Reward and benefits
Teaching rate-£21.71-23.88 per hour
We offer a range of courses as part of your professional development
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Relate Achievement
Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
Great saving on your favourite brands online and in store
Discounted shopping cards, vouchers/e-vouchers and much more…
Please view Job Profile here
How to Apply
- Make sure you answer all the sections fully and evidence how you meet the competencies for the post.
- Please make explicit reference to your relevant qualifications and experience in teaching adults, if any.
- Finally, please make sure you choose referees that can comment on your teaching abilities or professional competency, such as a line manager, for example.
Do not attach a CV as this will not be considered.
All applications must be made online. The closing date for the receipt of applications is the 12th of August 2022; however, interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified only if your application has been successful. Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing Monday 22nd August 2022.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help