This role is currently hybrid working based, which means that the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
Following the recent merger between Peabody and Catalyst, we have embarked on an ambitious change programme of business integration (people, processes, systems and data, across business areas and supporting their future readiness for transformation), as well as continuing our digital change modernisation journey to transform Peabody’s offer through modern, cost-effective digital services to better meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
Our Digital modernisation programme is focused on both the customer and employee proposition, with the primary aim of reducing the amount of effort to make it easier for Customers to engage with Peabody and simpler for our people to deliver our services. Central to much of the improvement is enabling our people through technology improvements and this programme is focused on delivering the technology to support these propositions.
The IT department is responsible for providing technical know-how and expertise to support the Digital modernisation programme. As such, we are looking for a Delivery Manager to join our team (on a 12 month fixed term contract basis), to drive delivery of digital platform development work packages to underpin the success of the Digital modernisation programme for the organisation.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of translating the objectives of multiple business areas into a high level vision/roadmap
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Experience of contract negotiation and management with third parties
- Strong experience using Agile and Waterfall Methodologies, including variants SCRUMBAN
- Experience in managing the activities for cross functional teams including Agile SCRUM teams
- Understanding / experience of the following:
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Command Query Responsibility Substitution (CQRS)
- Cloud AWS or Azure
- Azure DevOps
- PaaS platforms (Kubernetes, AKS, Docker containerization)
- MS Dynamics CRM 365
- Message Brokers - Rabbit MQ
- Ready API, Postman, Swagger
- Integration tools
- Experience working with 3rd party development partners, both onshore, near shore and offshore
- Proven ability in managing in a mixed model development function (including technical teams)
- Qualified to degree level or industry experience equivalent
- Technical qualifications would be advantageous but not essential
This role is on a 12 months fixed term contract.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.