About Waltham Forest
It’s an exciting time to join the London Borough of Waltham Forest as a Practice Manager. We are transforming our services to provide high quality person-centred care and support that needs forward thinking Practice Managers. We’ll look to you to help us deliver great outcomes for adult social care users, carers, families, and the wider community, through dynamic care management and excellent social work practice.
About the Role
The Practice Manager position will sit under the Adult Care Management Team, who work with adults aged 18 and over, to identify and care plan for eligible Social Care and Support needs. As a Practice Manager within this remit, your role will be to support Social Workers and Social Work Assistants to manage their caseloads, providing expertise and advice to manage risks, identify solutions and advance the quality of work the team achieves. Your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the team through having oversight of their practice, providing regular supervisions, case discussions and quality assurance.
- Working collaboratively with internal departments, Health Services, Partners, Statutory and Non-Statutory organisations to secure a holistic approach to Assessment, Safeguarding and Care Planning.
- Identifying knowledge and service gaps within the team to ensure that quality, standards, and high levels of professional practice is achieved and sustained.
About the Team
The Adult Care Management Team are divided into two; the first, manages longer-term, complex caseloads with a high emphasis on Relationship-Based Interventions. The second, manages high-intensity and quick turnaround work under a Discharge to Assess Model. The ethos being to support Adults to leave Hospital when safe and appropriate to do so and continuing their care and assessment out of an Acute setting. Both Adult Care Management Teams hold statutory responsibilities for Safeguarding, Reviews and Support Planning. It is anticipated that the applicant, at the point of interview, would identify a team preference based on their current skill set, professional learning needs and practice interests.
You will have access to regular team meetings and peer support, as well as regular Supervisions from the Team Manager, to enable you to develop skillsets and knowledge regarding your role and career progression. The Adult Care Management Teams work Monday – Friday, covering core hours of 09:00 – 17:15 each day.
To apply, you should be a qualified Social Worker, with a current Social Work England Registration and at least 2 years post-qualified experience. We anticipate that an applicant will have the following aptitudes / ability to demonstrate:
- An in-depth knowledge of the Care Act (2014), Mental Capacity Act (2005) and other statutory legislation that governs Adult Social Care practice, regulations, Case Law, and informed best-practice.
- Knowledge and skills to advise on complex case management, including Court of Protection, Safeguarding and DoLS / LPS.
- Previous experience of providing Supervision to Social Workers and Social Care Assistants.
- Good IT Skills, as well as excellent verbal, and written communication.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Financial Implications for a Local Authority when considering and / or reviewing a commissioned care provision. As well as the ability to enable a worker to consider other resources such as S117 Rights, Continuing Health Care, Community Resources and Assistive Technology to meet needs.
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please email email@example.com so we can arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.