Lecturer in Art Fashion and Design
Variable hours bank contract
Hourly paid at £25.47 – £30.41 per hour Teaching rate (depending on qualifications and expertise)
Based at the St Albans Campus
We are currently looking for Lecturers to join us on an hourly paid basis, although at present we have no confirmed hours we are building up our pool of staff for temporary cover. This role is a casual ‘bank’ role with no set hours, the opportunity to work more hours to support the Curriculum Team during busy months and absences.
The successful candidate for the role will possess strong organisational skills and can teach across all Art, Fashion & Design specialisms from Level 1 to Level 3 with a focus on Digital skills such as Adobe package.
The Art Department has moved to purpose-built facilities with designated specialist workshops in 3D, Ceramics, Photography, Print, Painting, Fashion, Textiles and Interactive media, including up to date software. We are typically looking for an art and design tutor who, through experience of delivering across several creative courses will possess a range of skills from drawing and visual recording through to printmaking, working with 3D processes, textile and fashion processes and techniques.
To be considered for this role, candidates need to hold the following: a degree in Art, Fashion & Design, and a recognised Level 3 teaching qualification.
Closing Date: Sunday 21st August
Interview date – TBC
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Salary
- The chance to train towards a teaching qualification / assessor qualification, paid by the College
- Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.