Southwark is a large, ambitious and progressive council with a ‘can do’ attitude and enviable reputation. As a Council, we are successful, passionate and forward-thinking. In June 2023, Leisure Services will transfer from the current operator to full Council management. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new future for leisure services in Southwark. This opportunity offers a significant challenge to build a new organisation ready to operate a 12 million pound business by June 2023. If you enjoy a challenge, can see the bigger picture and maintain an eye for detail, we would like to hear from you. This role demands vision, passion and inspirational leadership to build a high performing operation.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced HR Business Partner to provide a professional HR service to managers on all employee experience related matters including organisational change, resourcing, management of attendance, performance management, employee relations issues and general HR management interventions, to deliver business objectives.
They will also support business managers and the HR service in achieving the Council’s strategic objectives.
The Leisure Division sits within the Department of Environment and Leisure, which is responsible for the day-to-day management of parks and open spaces, trees, sports and leisure, cemeteries, youth and play, highways, roads, parking, refuse collection, street cleansing, culture and libraries. It also looks after public health, trading standards and consumer safety.
- Graduate membership of the CIPD or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Can demonstrate extensive experience of successfully supporting Directors and managers with ER and sickness case work.
- Can demonstrate ability to monitor, analyse and interpret HR MI, and maintain up to date HR records.
- Can demonstrate ability to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of HR best practice, trends and employment legislation and maintain knowledge.
- Can demonstrate effective writing and oral communication skills appropriate to the situation, including report writing and presentation skills.
- Can demonstrate ability to use variety of IT and digital technologies and programmes, provide data and manage organisational structures.
If you would like to informally discuss this role, please contact David Pugh at email@example.com
No DBS check required
Comply with and promote the Council’s Equal opportunities policy
Additional salary details
Benefits and more information:
Closing date: 11.59pm on 17 July 2022.
Interview date: 10 August 2022.
We are an organisation who is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.