The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our central Finance team. The Finance team plays a crucial role in supporting our Headteachers’ to manage their budgets effectively for the benefit of our students.
Created in 2008, the Federation educates 3,100 students in Lewisham and comprises Prendergast School, Prendergast Vale School and Prendergast Ladywell School. The group is a hard federation made up of both voluntary aided and foundation schools and, as such, benefit from being more autonomous than other groups. The Federation enjoys a close relationship with The Leathersellers’ Company which dates back to the 15th Century.
As the Federation Apprentice Accountant, you will have a key role in the team working closely with the Finance Officers based in each of our schools. You will assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting, be involved in the annual budget setting process. You will also support the Director of Finance & Operations with preparing benchmarking data, gathering and analysing statistical data and assisting with the month end VAT returns and bank reconciliation processes.
During your apprenticeship you will gain experience of working in school’s finance and will be asked to complete one of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Professional Accounting Technician Apprenticeship
- Degree qualification or equivalent or demonstrable relevant professional experience
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s including English and mathematics
- Strong IT skills with an aptitude to learn new software. Demonstrates a strong interest to become an expert-user in Excel
- Literate and ability to communicate
- Work with a flexible, proactive and adaptable approach
- Is organised and can prioritise workload
- Will maintain confidentiality
- Undertake work unsupervised and on own initiative.
Interviews: w/c 11 July 2022
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.