Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
The London Borough of Redbridge is a fantastic and busy place to work. The Redbridge Youth Service is committed to encouraging, empowering, and challenging young people to achieve their potential through a range of positive activities and enjoyable learning opportunities.
The Youth Service is made up of a number of teams, working with both targeted and generic groups of young people, individuals and families.
Over the past 2 years, the Service has worked hard to continue to support and engage young people. We have adapted and developed new and safe ways of working online. We have created new projects to engage young people, enabling them and staff to learn new skills, as well as giving young people safe places to talk to workers and other young people about how they were feeling, their emotions and mental health.
Now that they are back able to work face to face, the staff team have blended the use of technology with face-to-face sessions, to ensure that young people, regardless of where they live, can still work with, learn and have fun with staff and their friends.
The future holds a very busy summer and beyond. Young people in Redbridge are fortunate to have such a dedicated and hardworking team, whether workers work 3 hours a week or full time, that they can call their Youth Service and we are looking for the right person to join us.
The Service is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Youth Involvement Worker for the Youth Service to plan, coordinate and facilitate regular face to face sessions with young people, including working evenings, some weekends and during school holidays.
- Have experience of working with young people in participation and involvement projects with generic youth work skills.
- Need to have experience of working with young people aged 11 – 19 and up to 25 with Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- Develop and lead Youth Involvement projects and to promote youth voice within the service, across the local authority and the wider community.
- Organise Borough wide Youth Elections and Child Friendly Redbridge School Ambassador’s Elections
- Coordinate the activities of the Redbridge Youth Council (RYC). Promoting RYC to both young people and colleagues, recruiting young people, ensuring they are actively involved in the project and related activities, running and managing meetings and events.
- Proactively support young people to fully participate in consultations, coproduction and decision-making processes across the Borough, regionally and nationally.
- Initiate and deliver projects and activities during term and school holiday periods.
- Work with young people across the Borough, Youth Work staff and the LBR Communications Team to develop the Youth Service Social Media and other platforms to ensure young people and parents are aware of the Youth Service and other organisations’ positive activities.
About Redbridge Council:
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London Borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We are one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London Borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the city.
At Redbridge we pride ourselves on a creating an inclusive work culture that is friendly, supportive, encourages new ideas and ultimately supports our aims to improve the standard of lives for all our residents.
Benefits of working for Redbridge Council:
As well as a competitive salary, we are proud of the benefits we offer our employees, which include.
- Excellent Pension provision via a salary-related, defined benefit scheme;
- JNC Youth and Community Worker terms and conditions for statutory and public holidays;
- Health and wellbeing; access to professional support and services;
- Excellent on the job training and development;
- Carer Passport Scheme, support to staff who look after family/friends with a disability
- Nuffield Health – discounted rates for annual membership
Please ensure you supply an up-to-date CV and your cover letter should include the key attributes you believe you bring to the role and a summary of a project you been directly responsible for successfully delivering.
This vacancy requires an enhanced DBS check.
We actively encourage part-time/job share candidates.
Applications not submitted via this route will not be accepted.
Interviews to be held W/C 25th July 2022
Ambitious for Redbridge
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.