Rise Park Academy Trust
Rise Park Junior School
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Executive Headteacher: Mrs C. Fox
Head of School: Miss C. Street
1:1 Pupil Learning Support Assistant and/or Midday Assistant – KS2
Required for September 2022
Hours(8.30-12.00/12.00-1.00/1.00-3.15pm – various working patterns available dependent on the availability/suitability of the successful candidates)
Monday – Friday, 39 weeks per year
Grade: Scale 2 Point 3-4
Actual salary for above hours:
8.30-12.00, 17.5 hours - £9,037
12.00-1.00, 5 hours - £2,582
Rise Park Junior School is part of the Success for All Educational Trust, where children are well behaved and keen to learn. Staff are friendly and supportive within a welcoming, aspirational environment.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic learning support assistant to join our successful school to work with a named KS2 pupil, either in the morning, the afternoon, all day and/or at lunchtime as a midday assistant.
Applications are welcome from candidates with experience of working with KS2 children. A NVQ Level 2 qualification is desirable, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, well-organised and willing to work collaboratively with the class teacher and other colleagues
- Experienced in working with pupils with additional needs, including challenging behaviour.
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs.
- Able to engage and enthuse pupils, encouraging independence in their learning
- Proactive, flexible, well-organised and willing to work collaboratively with the class teacher and other LSAs.
- Passionate about supporting all groups of children in order to enhance the quality of their learning and raise pupil achievement
- Confident in using ICT
We can offer:
- A well-resourced learning environment
- A cohesive and enthusiastic staff team
- Polite and motivated pupils
- Support and commitment to continuing professional development
- A positive, engaged wider school community.
Please apply by completing an application form on Schools website and emailing to email@example.com. Alternatively via JGP online form
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 1st July 2022
Interviews (including a short English and Maths skills assessment): Tuesday 5th July
Please assume that if you have not had any acknowledgement of your application that you have not been successful.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and barring service. Rise Park Junior School is an Equal Opportunities employer.
“We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community regardless of gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age or sexual orientation.”