Digital Publisher (TEC122)
37 Hours per week, Permanent
Band E (SCP 7-12) £20,444 - £22,571 per annum
We are looking for an individual to provide technical support including the development, customisation, and integration of the Digital platform across the authority and to assist in the management of other Digital services.
You must be willing to undertake a wide range of duties that are not directly related to the technical area of ICT, for example: data management, data interrogation, information retrieval and manipulation of large amounts of data.
The successful post holder will have strong experience of working in a technical but customer support focused environment, ideally using Customer Contact management software, developing eForms, identifying problems within a process and undertaking system improvement work.
You’ll have good working knowledge of ICT and Change Management processes, good communication skills, and will be able to engage and understand the perspectives of a range of stakeholders that feed into the delivery of the service.
We are keen to help team members develop and are looking for a positive individual with personal drive and initiative who wants to learn and improve to join our team.
- To configure and develop customer processes
- To provide reports and technical support to colleagues as required.
- To assist in the production of high-quality digital content that meets corporate and government standards of accessibility, structure, usability, identity, and image.
- To develop and run robust testing regimes to ensure automated processes are fit for purpose and meet business needs.
- To empower all staff to realise the full potential of the Customer Contact Management (CCM) systems and data driven processes, ensuring managers and staff are supported
For further information and to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 03 July 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing 11 August 2022