An exciting opportunity has become available in the leasehold team for an individual who excellent communication skills and can provide a first class service to our homeowners.
To provide expert advice and guidance as a Centre of Excellence for Peabody on the lease and practical application of the legislation with regards to leasehold management. To ensure correct and accurate maintenance of the Peabody systems and records with regards to leaseholders, shared owners and freeholders. Preparing and issuing documentation to ensure compliance with the lease and the associated legislation including, but not limited to s20 of the Landlords and Tenant Act 1985, assignments, consents, major works invoicing.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the law and practical application in relation to leasehold and shared ownership properties.
- Sound knowledge and experience of leasehold management in a social housing or mixed tenure environment.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of leaseholder, shared owner or freehold arrears issues and the associated legislation.
- Experience of representing Landlords in relation to breaches of covenant (including service charge disputes) at the First-Tier Tribunal (FTT) and the County Court.
- Experience in consultation, invoicing and related requirements under the lease and s20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 (as amended).
- Demonstrable high levels of customer service even in difficult and challenging circumstances.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadline
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, at all levels.
Intermediate level computer literacy in an integrated Housing Management
system and Microsoft Office including, Word & Excel.
GCSE Maths and English Language, Grade 4 or above or equivalent
• 2 A-Levels or equivalent
• IRPM membership
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.