Teacher of KS2 specialising in Speech & Language Development – Fixed Term Contract 1 year
TPS (Outer London + SEN 1 Allowance will be considered for the right candidate)
Required: September 2022
Applications from ECTs are welcome
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, outstanding and innovative Primary Teacher (KS2 but willing to work in a secondary environment due to SEN needs) to become part of our SEND Department. The role of Primary Teacher is a new post, linked directly to a small cohort of pupils entering Year 7 who all have an EHCP and some with complex special educational needs; as such having specialist knowledge and skills in speech and language development would be advantageous to this post. We are looking for an outstanding teacher who is fully committed to the support and development of students with SEND. It is essential that the successful candidate has a willingness to ‘think outside the box’ working dynamically, creatively and collaboratively with the Lead Practitioner for SEND and the SENCO to ensure that the educational experience and outcomes for these students is exceptional.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide a specific programme of support including speech and language development, communication, vocabulary, reading and precision teaching, working closely with the SEND and Intervention team
- Work with children with specific needs to differentiate the curriculum (KS2) to meet the needs of the children across both core and non-core subjects, assessing and reviewing the pupil in line with school policies.
- Contribute to EHCP reviews and work closely with the Lead Practitioner and SENCO with multi-agencies to provide the appropriate programme for the child.
- Provide an effective education to the pupil within the framework provided by the Headteacher, the Governing Body, DfE and the Local Authority, paying full regard to all statutory requirements.
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Secondary School in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic pupils. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy. If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney on 01708 475285 ext 222.
Closing date for applications is 27th June 2022.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.