TEACHER OF SCIENCE
Salary: £30,863 to £50,935 depending on experience
Start date: 01 September 2022
Closing date: 07 July 2022
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy and IB World School serving a multi-ethnic community of 11-18 year olds in Central London. The Academy is proud of its work to improve outcomes for students in an inclusive, supportive environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience. You can find out more about us on our website, here.
Our Science department
Our Science department has transformed student outcomes in recent years and created a “buzz” around science through the relentless energy of staff, its forward-thinking approach to data and the curriculum, and an outstanding extra-curricular provision that takes advantage of our London connections (including Imperial College and the Royal Society of Medicine).
Our Science curriculum and pedagogy
At GCSE, our students study Combined Science, with the possibility of Triple Science. Our KS5 science curriculum includes IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) science courses and Applied Science BTEC as part of the IB Career-Related Programme (IBCP). We would welcome applications from experienced IB educators and those interested in acquiring such experience because they value disciplinary thinking, real-world problem solving, and student-centred pedagogy.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent classroom teacher who is committed to the success of each individual student
- Experienced in teaching the relevant subject(s) with a relevant university degree
- Able to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to their own professional growth and development
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Sign up incentive available for experienced IB educators
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- Relevant training with the International Baccalaureate for teachers of Key Stage 5
- A commitment to staff well being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefit
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application forms to: email@example.com
We may interview candidates ahead of the closing date so early application is advised. The Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertising closing date. The advert may be closed at any time.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.