St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
St Mary’s Lane
Essex RM14 2QB
Tel: 01708 220277
Head Teacher: Mrs Bernadette Matthews
Hours: One person for 35 hrs/week x 52 weeks per year.
These hours are worked in split shifts each day from 6.30-9.30am and 2.30-6.30pm. Governors will also consider the possibility of appointing two suitable candidates to share the shifts ie. am or pm.
Grade: Scale 4, Point 7
Salary: Pro rata salary of £22,750 p.a. (FTE £23,400 p.a.)
Required from 1st September 2022
We invite applications from an enthusiastic and committed person who will take pride in how the school looks and functions. The successful applicant will:
- be responsible for the security and maintenance of the whole school site;
- contribute to the school’s objectives of achieving greater value for money in the maintenance and day to day running of the buildings and site;
- be proactive and well-motivated;
- possess good people skills;
- have an understanding of health & safety issues and a basic knowledge of ICT.
Duties will include:
- day to day running of the school site;
- implementing health & safety;
- general DIY & building maintenance;
- an overview of grounds maintenance;
- dealing with contractors;
- day to day monitoring of the work of a team of cleaners and a section of cleaning;
- knowledge of building regulations;
- managing workloads;
- being available for school and PFA events in the evenings and also for our Summer and Christmas Fayres which are held on Saturdays.
Please apply online, taking into account the job profile and person specification which are attached to this advert.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please phone to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st July 2022
Interviews: Thursday 7th July 2022
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.