Lecturer in Multi Skills
Full Time 37 hours per week
Based at the St Albans Campus and other campuses as required
Do you have a passion for construction or your trade?
We are recruiting for a Lecturer to teach Multi Skills to teach students in both practical and theory lessons across Level 1 and 2 Multi-trades. The successful candidate will teach across all areas (Painting and Decorating, Carpentry, Plastering, Brickwork, basic electrical and basic plumbing).
The successful candidate will have a construction-based qualification, particularly in Multi Skills and have 3 years relevant industry experience. Teacher training will be provided as part of the Lecturer role, candidates from industry will be considered. You should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience of teaching or working with young people.
The College offers a structured induction programme for those new to teaching, you will be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the college.
In addition to this, we will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised Teaching Qualification.
Interviews will take place on a date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Salary
- Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
- Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.