Not all Speech and Language Therapy Jobs are in the NHS, if you would like to start your career ahead of the rest, you should join the Therapies team at the London Borough of Redbridge.
The average graduate starting salary in March 2022
UK - £25,562
London - £26,724
The starting salary as a newly qualified Speech and Language Therapist at
Redbridge - £32,988.00
- Do you want your first job to be in an innovative, evidence-based and outcome-focused service, with excellent supervision and development opportunities?
- Do you want to support and transform the outcomes for children and young people with communication needs to have better lives?
The London Borough Redbridge Therapies Team is looking for the September 2022 cohort of Newly Qualified Practitioners (NQP) and experienced Band 5 Therapists to join our integrated therapy support service within Education and Inclusion, working jointly with a group of 180 staff including Specialist advisory teachers and Educational Psychologists
You will be:
A Speech and Language Therapists working in mainstream or special schools across the London Borough of Redbridge, for children ranging from nursery through to secondary school age.
A Newly qualified therapist who has successfully completed their degree and registered with the HCPC and RCSLT.
We will provide you with:
- A well supported role to conduct direct and indirect therapy, train those working with your cases.
- Opportunity to work in a holistic and innovative framework
- A competitive salary starting at £32,988.00 per annum for five days a week across 52 weeks per year, with 27 days holiday (term time, Part time and fixed term opportunities are also available)
- Flexible working options around school core hours
- Mobile and agile working solutions to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Generous Local government salary-related pension, discounted Gym membership at Nuffield Health, and many other employee benefits
- Access to multiple offices across the borough and staff laptop and mobile phone
- A mixed and varied caseload of children and adolescents with an Education, Health and Care Plan and identified Special Educational Needs.
We will offer Support and Development:
- A team of therapists and assistants led by a Therapies Manager who is an experienced and highly specialist SLT
- Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression
- Regular clinical supervision including a buddy system, 1:1 meeting with your line manager (weekly for NQP’s), in house training and formal external training opportunities
- Enhanced support for Newly Qualified Practitioners to take you through your competencies
All posts are subject to successful qualification, DBS and Right to Work checks
Job title: Newly Qualified Speech and Language Therapists
Group: Education and Inclusion Services
Job Type: permanent but flexible: can be Full time/part time/term time only
Job Hours: 36 hours per week
Base Location: Lynton House, 255-259 High Road, Ilford IG1 1NB or Ray Lodge office, 91 Ray Lodge Road, Woodford Green, IG8 7PG
If, you would like to have an informal chat about the post, the team, or Redbridge Council, please email Sangita.email@example.com
Ambitious for Redbridge
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.