LEAD PRACTITIONER (History)
Lead Practitioner Pay Scale L04 – L08 (Outer London)
Salary: £49,026 - £53,763 per annum
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, outstanding and innovative professional to join our already successful and dynamic History Department. Our History department is a creative, forward thinking and supportive department committed to raising standards. We also offer a range of extra-curricular activities to enrich the educational experience of our pupils.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner; committed to achieving and sustaining high standards of Learning and Teaching.
- Have a rigorous and inventive approach to the delivery of History across both KS3 and KS4 and be enthusiastic about the subject with the ability to inspire our students.
- Have outstanding classroom management skills, high expectations and a commitment to the best possible outcomes for all students.
- Engage with the current national agenda on History teaching and the curriculum and enable the Academy to continue to meet this challenge.
- Demonstrate the ability and previous experience in driving initiatives with quantifiable, positive impact on the outcomes for pupils.
- Be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to work with other, high achieving professionals.
- Promote collaborative working and demonstrate the ability to lead learning in the classroom effectively.
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Secondary School in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic students. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy. If you experience difficulties please contact Schools’ HR on 01708 434255.
If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 20th May 2022