The role will require someone who will support the Building Safety Managers in helping to ensure Peabody buildings are safe for residents and visitors. Develop new working practices in response to new Building Safety legislation as it emerges. The role will be pivotal in supporting a team that works mainly on site so a fair degree of autonomy so self-discipline is a must.
You will be:
- Independently minded, whilst always following best practice procedures and exercising good judgement and initiative in problem solving.
- Will be able to interrogate information from various sources and collate comprehensive reports.
- Proficient at working in a variety of complex tasks simultaneously.
- Able to create reports on safety of buildings.
- Able to work to tight guidelines and targets.
- Ability to understand architectural details and drawings.
- Skilled in using purchasing systems and budgetary control.
You will have:
- Project management experience – able to manage a multi-team action plan.
- Knowledge of fire risk assessments and the management of actions with regards to fire safety in buildings at all stages of life cycle.
- Understanding of relevant prevailing legislation and guidance.
- Previous experience within social housing in an asset management or compliance department.
- Proven commitment to own personal professional development.
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 depending on skills knowledge and experience.
The role is on a 9 month contract to cover maternity.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.