Following the promotion of the existing post holder to Headteacher, the governors, staff and children wish to appoint an aspirational, dynamic Deputy Headteacher to join our ambitious and collegiate team.
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner, who is also an inspirational leader, with the vision and skills to work alongside the Headteacher to continue improving standards of learning and teaching for all our children, and build on our successes to date.
Newick CE Primary School is a popular 1-form entry school located between Uckfield and Lewes.
About the role
About the role
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven leadership and management skills and the ability to move the practice of others forward.
- An in-depth understanding of approaches to self-evaluation for school improvement.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with pupils, parents, staff and the wider community, promoting equal opportunity, as a flexible and positive leader.
- Be able to deputise for the Headteacher as and when necessary.
- A clear understanding of what constitutes outstanding teaching, learning and assessment, and how this underpins school effectiveness.
- Commitment to the school’s Christian vision and to work in partnership with the Headteacher in a strategic capacity to ensure the best possible outcomes for all children.
- The ability to motivate and inspire both staff and children.
- commitment to the extra-curricular activities of the school
- a lead responsibility for the pastoral care and behaviour management of children
In return, we can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to develop your skills, strengths and leadership.
- A welcoming, friendly school with enthusiastic children who enjoy learning.
- A commitment to continuous improvement, professional development and staff wellbeing.
- An environment of active collaboration between home, school, and the local community where we strive to develop resilient and creative independent learners.
- A supportive place to work, with a teamwork ethos in all aspects of school life.
- A knowledgeable and supportive governing body who are committed to the development of all staff.
Although this is a non-class based role, there is an expectation that there will be two days a week in class teaching across the school. This includes whole class and focus groups.
Newick CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to application screening and vetting, an enhanced DBS check and check of the Children's Barred List, a Prohibition from Teaching check, and satisfactory reference checks, along with other mandatory and recommended pre-employment checks.
Role: Permanent 0.8FtE
Start date: 1st September 2022
Pay scale: Leadership scale L3-L7
Application Deadline: 19th May midday
Shortlisting: 20th May 2022
Interviews: 24th May 2022
We welcome, and actively encourage, visits to our school. Please contact the school office on 01825 723377 to arrange a suitable time to visit.
Please email your completed application forms and any questions you have to our School Business Manager, Emily Winslade on email@example.com
Please ensure you apply with the ESCC Teacher application form attached below.
Brighton & Hove City Council is advertising on behalf of the school and is not the employer in this case.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.