Nelmes Primary School
Essex RM11 3BX
Telephone: 01708 447676
Head Teacher: Kirsten Cooper
SEND Teaching Assistant
Hours: 27.5 hours per week in class including lunchtime supervision
Grade: Grade 1/2 points 1-5
Salary: £21,228 - £22,575 full time equivalent salary p.a.
Contract: Temporary until September 2023
Required for September 2022 or earlier if possible, we are looking to appoint a committed and experienced teaching assistant to work with pupils with SEND who have EHCPs.
At Nelmes Primary School we are committed to supporting and encouraging children across the whole curriculum and we passionately believe that all children, regardless of their starting point, can and should be included in the day to day life of the school and achieve well.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who has at least an NVQ level 2 and should have experience in the area of working with SEND pupils some of which may require intimate care support.
This Position requires the candidate to be;
- Proactive, well organised and willing to work collaboratively with all staff
- Able to engage and enthuse SEND pupils to participate in lessons
- Able to manage and run any relevant intervention programmes
- Able to manage any challenging behaviours and use strategies to support pupil regulation
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs
- Enthusiastic, confident and able to use their initiative
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- To be patient and empathetic
- Demonstrate reliability and commitment to the school and children
- Manage and supervise a class group through the lunch hour during eating and playtime.
Nelmes is an Outstanding school and can offer you:
- a caring, warm and friendly school with happy, well behaved and motivated children
- professional development opportunities within school and an experienced team to offer advice and support
- an opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards and creating an inclusive learning environment for all children.
Please apply online.
Closing date: Friday 20th May 2022
Interviews held in week beginning Monday 23rd May 2022
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.