1 year Fixed-term contract with an opportunity for a permanent position for the right external candidate / 1 year secondment for internal employees with an opportunity for a permanent position
Ealing is a tremendous vibrant London Borough, with huge contrasts in terms ethnic and social make up, with its rich cultural diversity. We aim to continue offering the best possible customer service, innovative and cost-effective solutions in this difficult climate.
The housing demand department is responsible for the Council’s homelessness and allocations functions, including the acquisition of private rented sector accommodation. The department has a project team to significantly reduce the number of households residing in temporary accommodation and will include four acquisitions officers.
To be considered for the role, you will be a hardworking and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability in property acquisitions to meet the Council’s need to find longer term housing solutions for residents. You will work to stretching targets in a challenging environment, and will need to show high levels of initiative, skill and energy to create and maintain relationships with new landlords and agents in existing and new geographical areas to ensure a steady housing supply.
To rise to the challenge of helping residents and the Council to achieve their housing outcomes, you will need:
• experience of working in a private and/or public sector housing service, estate/letting agency or equivalent work setting where property acquisitions has been a core task
• experience of using IT, information systems and databases
• experience and evidence of property acquisitions and negotiations
• understanding of Council duties to homeless applicants, specifically regarding the provision of temporary accommodation
• experience of property inspections
• proven ability to work on own initiative, whilst maintaining effective working relationships with key partners.
We are looking for a flexible, creative individual who places a high value on excellent customer service and is committed to working with private sector landlords and suppliers to maximise the Council’s ability to access affordable private sector accommodation for households in housing need and reduce costs to the Council.
This role is deemed dealing with stakeholders from time to time, therefore you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
This post is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.
Closing Date: 18 April 2022