What you'll do
Do you have experience in providing an excellent Property clearance service? Are you able to work effectively and proficiently to support our expanding Property Services Team? If so, a fabulous opportunity has arisen to join us a Neighbourhood Services Operative.
In this exciting new role, you will:
- Maintain and upkeep organisation’s estates and neighbourhoods, including providing a general caretaking and repairs service and garden work to communal areas, neighbourhoods and individual residents.
- Provide a litter picking, bulk rubbish clearance and void property clearance service.
- Clear fly-tipping from estates
- Carry out improvement work to our estates or community improvement work contracted to Optivo – such as environmental, soft landscaping and decorating.
- Actively participate in coaching and mentoring of trainees and volunteers.
- Monitor void properties and take necessary action and assist in securing and preparing for re-letting as quickly as possible, to include undertaking clearances, minor repairs and pest control.
What you'll need
- You’ll be able to demonstrate a versatile and flexible approach to ensure schedules are achieved.
- You’ll be able to effectively plan and prioritise day to day tasks.
- You’ll be prepared for heavy lifting and physically demanding work when clearing void properties.
- You’ll have previous experience carrying out property clearance and cleaning works.
- Ideally, you’ll have category C1 licence to drive a 7.5 tonne vehicle (Class 1). In date CPC is also desirable.
- You’ll need a valid UK driving licence, as you’ll be travelling across sites in Sittingbourne, Faversham, Isle Sheppey, Medway, Canterbury and Ashford.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15th December 2021 at 23:59
Interview date: Wednesday 5th January 2022 via Microsoft Team
The Company has experienced unprecedented growth over the past few years. We have a vast number of employees, and provide support to clients from all over the country.
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.