Peabody are recruiting full time, permanent Environmental Operative - Street Scene to provide a high quality and effective environmental service to the community of Thamesmead to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- To clean the commercial areas, windows, bins, lifts as well as other areas, including litter picking and emptying all types of litter bins
- To work to an established cleaning schedule for the area allocated, ensuring good standards of cleanliness
- To carry out graffiti removal using the appropriate equipment and chemicals
- To identify and report issues outside direct control
- To establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with work colleagues to ensure effective service delivery
- To follow Peabody’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
- Basic literacy skills and ability to undertake training
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace, with the ability to apply this with due regard whilst working in public areas
- General experience of environmental works in cleansing field
- General knowledge relating to cleansing (supported either by qualification or experience)
- Ability to carry out environmental works as contained in the job description paying particular attention to the very physical nature of the work and working in cold and dirty conditions
- Ability to use all communication equipment
- a wide range of powered equipment with the ability to train as and when required
In return we offer:
Regular overtime as we operate 365 days a year (time and half at weekends, double pay for Bank Holidays and treble pay for Christmas Day, Boxing Day New Year’s Day)
Generous Attendance Bonus which runs from 1 November – 31 October (can be up to £1,000 if you don’t have any sick days)
We believe investing in our staff training and development for nationally recognised training qualifications I.E. Jet Wash, Tractor, Ride-on, Flail arm to name a few.
The working hours are Monday – Friday 8am-3.30pm.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.