Peabody is looking for two full time, permanent Housing Support Workers to work in our Colchester supported Housing hostels for single people and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
You will have previous experience in a similar housing role with good knowledge of welfare benefits, risk assessments and support planning processes. Including an understanding of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children, able to promote independent living skills, provide advice and guidance around tenancy management, employment education and training.
Please note there is no personal care involved in this role.
Good communication and computer skills are vital, as is the ability to keep accurate records, work as part of a team and manage a caseload.
The working hours are Monday - Friday, shift patterns are: 8am - 3.30pm and 11.30am - 7pm.
In return Peabody offers:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Sick pay.
- Paid DBS (roles that require enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks).
- Peabody offers a variety of different types of roles and encourages staff development and progression.
- Paid Induction Training and support to complete the Care Certificate (if required for the role).
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance programme line.
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1.
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300.
- Spot Bonus awards.
- Long Service awards.
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile (as applicable).
For an informal chat, please call the manager Chloe on: 07920 232323.
Please note interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.