Salary -SC3 - £22,185 - £22,587
Fixed Term - 18 Months - Full Time
Do you have a commitment to the needs of vulnerable adults and a Resource building?
Do you have catering experience?
Do you know how to meet hygiene regulations?
Do you have knowledge in healthy eating/café services/meal and light refreshments preparation?
Do you have experience working with vulnerable people/members of the public?
Park avenue Resource centre are currently looking to recruit a Cafe Worker to organise and run a small café area within the Resource centre.
Providing hospitality and a refreshment service to room hirers/Customers/Lunch club. Supporting to Set up rooms for meetings ,moving tables and chairs, meeting and greeting customers .
We are looking for an individual able to develop the café menu and support a Café assistant with a learning disability.
It is essential the successful candidate is competent in undertaking regular Health and Safety checks, Risk assessments and hygiene compliance.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual who can contribute to the delivery of services within a changing environment.
You will need excellent communication skills, both verbal and written/Computer skills, stocktaking and food ordering.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Wednesday 29th December at 23.59
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Rosemary Mann on Rosemary.Mann@enfield.gov.uk or 02081320562 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Yewande Ibidunni on 02081321306 or email@example.com