Salary - SC3 - £22,185 - £22,587
5 x Full Time (36hrs) - Permanent
EnFood is an award-winning sustainable food business including two cafes, catering and pop-up restaurants. We source all our food locally, provide delicious homemade food and drinks to new and regular customers, promote zero waste cooking techniques and share information and understanding about sustainable and healthy food.
This new role is a great opportunity to help take EnFood further as we develop new sites, new menus and an events programme. You’ll be a key member of the team, serving customers, preparing food and making hot drinks as well as helping to maintain good food hygiene and safety standards and stock rotation. You will have a passion for food and drink and be able to demonstrate an ability to maintain high standards and offer the best service possible to our customers.
Ideally you will have experience working in a fast-paced hospitality role. Experience working as a barista, food prep assistant and / or serving food and beverages will be a huge advantage. A passion for food sustainability and an understanding of the impact of unsustainable practices on the environment will be an advantage as an applicant.
There’ll be plenty of interaction with customers too, so we’re looking for someone who cares about ensuring all our customers have a great experience – and learning from them how we can do better.
This role will require some evening and weekend working and a certain level of flexibility – but we will aim to work with you to find shifts that work for you. Shift Type Examples: Day time: 8am to 4pm/Evenings: 4pm to 10.30pm
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th January at 23.59
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact EnFood Manager and Head Chef Ben Murphy at email@example.com or 07387401680 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Yewande Ibidunni on 02081321306 or firstname.lastname@example.org